Activate and Install the E-book on a multi user PC
- Serial numbers can only be used once.
- Offline E-books are windows specific only and will not run on a Mac, Tablet or I-pad
- Administrator Rights are needed to install the E-book. The administrator password is only needed for the initial install.
1) Create a new folder on the Windows C Drive (Can be found in Computer/MyComputer). Add a share/write permission for all users onto this Folder; Right Click on the folder - choose Properties - click the Sharing option - from the drop down menu choose Share with everyone on this PC.
2) Downloaded the E-book and run the SetupPD.exe (may also be SetupAG or SetupTG). During the set up process the E-book will automatically install to the Programs Folder - this will have to be changed so the e-book installs to the shared folder.
In Destination Location, Fig-1, choose Browse to select the new shared folder you have created. The E-book will install to this shared folder.
3) A desktop shortcut should be created, shown below.
If no shortcut is created, navigate to the new shared folder you created previously, Fig-2. Right Click on the corresponding E-book.exe file. You can create a short cut from E-book.exe onto the desktop, right click – choose Create Shortcut.
4) Double click the desktop icon to run the e-book, click Next and choose Online Activation.
Enter your name and email, use the serial number supplied to your email address to activate the E-book. Click Next, a Successful Activation notification should appear.
5) If Online Activation fails choose Email Activation; enter your name and email, use the serial number supplied to your email address.
Online Activation is instant, please allow up to 2 working days for replies to email activation.
For server editions please contact DCG Solutions
•Each serial number can only be used once.
•Unsure what email address you have use? Click the Online E-books Tab and choose User Profile or Edit Account to check the email address used. You should also check any spam or junk folders.
•If no internet is available on the destination PC, choose Email Activation.
Registration details will be copied to the clipboard; these can be pasted into a word document. Save the details onto a USB and send from any PC. An activation code will be returned via email.